Friday, February 25, 2022

The Biggest No-brainer In The History of Earth

So goes the oft-run radio ad I hear on WMAL, from a company hawking mortgage refi's. Well, I put that theory to the test yesterday by moving some assets from other things to energy stocks and funds. Being the big kind-hearted oldest brother that I am, I also let my brothers know about the exciting new opportunity... Bro No 2, who has a fooking Series 7 for heaven's sake, was silent. He's a big BLM supporter in MPLS. Bro No 4 was also silent. He's a tenured professor at the University of Montana. (I rest my case.) Bro No 3, who works in tech for a regional brokerage firm, took great offense. He said fossil fuel energy was "dead" and urged buying Tesla. He's got pretty much all his dough - all $1,283 of it or whatever the fuck - in that stock. And it hit me: Otto, you're banging your head against the fooking wall trying to talk sense to ANY of these waterheads. They have concocted THEIR versions of reality and at their ages are not gonna fucking budge an inch. I'm wasting my time with these fools... I used to hear, ALOT, at AA meetings, "You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family." DAMN how true that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment